Roulette is one of the most popular casino games in the world and pretty much everyone will have at least heard of this game. The same thing applies to the online version of roulette. It is loved by millions of online casino players and is extremely popular among Indian players.
If you haven’t played roulette before it might seem a bit scary. Don’t worry, I am going to explain the rules and how to play roulette below.
HOW TO PLAY ONLINE ROULETTE
Online roulette is very simple to play once you understand some key aspects of the game. In order to make this easy I have listed all the important information for you to read below.
THE ROULETTE TABLE AND WHEEL
The roulette table layout is made up of boxes marked 1-36 and the numbers are split evenly between red and black. There’s also a green zero and in some games, there’s a green double-zero as well. This part of the table is known as ‘The Inside’.
Around the number grid are some more options that allow you to bet on different sets of numbers such as odd or even, red or black, numbers within a certain range etc. This part of the table is called ‘The Outside’.
- Pick which numbers, color, or combinations you want to bet on by placing your money chips in the boxes printed on the table on your screen.
- The different bets all pay out at different odds. The chances of those numbers hitting is what dictates how big or small the odds will be.The less likely it is to hit, the higher the payout will be.
- Next the dealer drops the ball into the wheel and the number it lands on is the winner.
- One the wheel stops spinning the dealer collects all losing bets and pays out the winning bets.
- The dealer will start to accept new bets again and the process starts over again
ROULETTE BET TYPES
For the purpose of this article I am going to focus on the version of roulette which is called European Roulette. This is the most popular form of roulette and played by most players. There are other versions such as American and French Roulette which we can discuss later on some other articles.
- Straight bet: This is where you bet on any number on its own, and the odds are 35/1. The more individual numbers you bet on the more changes you have of winning of course.
- Low 1-18: This bet means you’re betting on the ball to land on any numbers from 1-18. Odds are Evens.
- High 19-36: This means you are betting on the ball to land on any numbers from 19-36. Odds are also Evens.
- Red/Black: This mean you bet on the ball to land on either any red or any black number, odds are Evens.
- Even/Odd: This means you bet on the ball to land on either any even or any odd number, the odds are Evens once again.
- 1st/2nd/3rd 12: This means you bet on the ball to land on either the 1st/2nd/3rd section of 12 numbers. Odds are 2/1
- Columns: This means you are betting on the ball to land on one of the three columns. Odds are also 2/1
The Martingale Strategy
The Martingale Strategy is one of the most popular roulette strategies to play with. The majority of professional gamblers will use this strategy when playing. In my opinion this roulette strategy is extremely simple to follow.
When playing with this strategy, you are following the simple rule that every time you are unlucky enough to lose, you double your bet.
For example, if you bet 800 INR and lose, you place the same bet again but at a value of 1600 INR instead. For this strategy to work you need to be only placing bets on odds that are Evens. These bet types were mentioned earlier in this article but here they are again to reference;
The key thing is that when you pick your bet, you have to have the willpower to stick with it throughout your game play. Switching between bet types will not work with this strategy.
The idea with this strategy is that even if you lose a few bets in a row, you will still have a profit at the end because the odds are 50/50. You are basically guaranteed to win at some point because even if you have lost a few bets in row you are always doubling your bet to win back those losses plus win extra.
Let me give you an example. You bet 1600 INR on Black and lose, then you bet 3200 INR and lose again, then 6400 INR and you finally win. You’ve now doubled your 6400 INR to 12800 INR and have gained 1600 INR profit over all.
This is one of the safest betting strategies for online roulette because you are always playing with 50/50 odds. There is still a risk associated with this. You can go on a long losing run and if your money runs out before your bet wins you might lose everything.
Online casinos have rules in place to help manage strategies like this, they have limits in place to help manage how much you can bet. This to protect themselves from being defeated by every player using the Martingale strategy.
If you started betting 8000 INR on odds and doubling after every loss, you would eventually have to win based on the law of averages. This means that even if you lost 10 times in a row but won on your eleventh you would still make a profit.
To avoid this happening different casinos will have different limits on the bet types on the table. That means when you hit the limit you won’t be able to increase your bet size anymore.
If you opt to use this strategy it makes sense that you use smaller bet sizes so that you do not hit the limit set on the table. This just means that you won’t have big winning rounds but you will still make profit consistently over a period of time which is the end goal of this strategy.
The Paroli Strategy
The Paroli Strategy is the exact opposite of the Martingale Strategy.
That means that instead of your bet size doubling after every loss, you double it after every win. This is a very popular approach because players are increasing the bet size with the winnings won rather than with their own money. This gives players the impression that this is a less risky strategy but remember you still need to place bets and potentially lose before you get a winning bet.
If you can get your first win relatively quickly without losing too much money you will see this strategy is less risky. This strategy can be very appealing to newbies. The best thing to do is try to utilise welcome offers or other bonuses at online casinos where you can try to get your first win without risking your own money.
Give both these strategies a go and let us know how you get on with them.